"All right action flows from the breath"
- Hajakujo

Recent comments

Friday, December 08, 2006

"A great Eye, ever watchful!"



Saturn recently developed a superstorm over its south pole, the diameter of which is two thirds that of the Earth. Imagine, if it weren't for practical reality getting in the way, you could dip something the size of the Moon right in there without touching the sides. Cool.

Anyway, the point is that this news led me to this article, on this site, wherein I learnt about the electrical universe hypothesis. This hypothesis directly addresses one of the assumptions which I had about the local physik reality*, namely that the Earth has an electrical field, but it is localised and not linked to those of the other heavenly bodies. As I said in an earlier post, this assumption limits the capacity of the accessible electrical field, and in part caused me to drop or alter one of my mad notions about the nature of that part of our existence that some might say, concerns us most but is least well understood - the afterlife. What happens after life? Do we remain extant in any form? Where do we go if so? And so on.

Now, as if by magic, comes a new way of looking at the localised physik* that just might resuce the possibility in my mind of 'afterlife' phenomena without resorting to multi-extra-dimensional physical theories like String Theory. Which is good because, while I cannot criticise String Theory on any informed grounds, I am made uncomfortable in accepting it at face value simply because of its great self-divergence and lack of forward progress. But, if the electrical field extends beyond individual heavenly bodies, then we can imagine an infinite substrate on which to base the information storage/transmission necessary to allow some transference after death, of whatever pattern of energy it is that is associated with a living being.

It's all terribly pie in the sky, but quite a fun thought experiment. For if you grant it temporary credence, then you can start to think about all the exisiting faiths and metaphysics that rely on an afterlife concept of some sort but offer no rational physical explanation for it.

* Forgive my mad phraseology, but I just can't take myself too seriously when I write this stuff :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Td63el Very good blog! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

aNQ6nv Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!